[ovs-discuss] ovs 1.11, OF-1.2, ofp_table_stats instructions bitmap field?

Torbjorn Tornkvist kruskakli at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 13:16:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm using ovs 1.11, talking OF-1.2, trying to get hold of the table_stats.

In the instructions field bitmap of the ofp_table_stats struct, I get 7
i.a 111 in
base2, my interpretation is then that ovs support:

     enum ofp_instruction_type {
         OFPIT_GOTO_TABLE = 1, /* Setup the next table in the lookup
pipeline */
         OFPIT_WRITE_METADATA = 2, /* Setup the metadata field for use
later in pipeline */
         OFPIT_WRITE_ACTIONS = 3, /* Write the action(s) onto the
datapath action set */

But ovs doesn't support write-actions, only apply-actions, so what's
going on here?
(and the define's in lib/ofp-actions.h makes my head hurt... :-)

Btw, the table name I got in this example was "classifier" in case that
matters.

Cheers, Tobbe