[ovs-discuss] Limiting bandwidth interface

Pedro Henrique phamorimrezende at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 14:17:22 UTC 2013

Hello.
I'm trying to limit the bandwidth of the interface, I used the
"ingress_policing_rate"(as described in this link:
http://openvswitch.org/support/config-cookbooks/qos-rate-limiting/) and it
worked well. But I'm trying to find a way to limit the bandwidth based on
the flow, for example, src ip: 10.0.0.1, dest ip: 10.0.0.2,* port 80*,
*bandwidth:
5 Mbps*; and src ip: 10.0.0.1, dest ip: 10.0.0.2, *port: 21*, *bandwitdth:
10Mbps*. Is there a way to define the bandwidth based on the port or any
other parameter?
I also saw the queue, but the problem is that the queue is only put on the
egress interface and I'm trying to filter the traffic on the ingress
interface.

For example,

Host1-----------SW---------Host2
              eth1     eth2