[ovs-discuss] Wireshark plugin

Dmita Levy dlevy022 at fiu.edu
Thu Sep 12 19:05:28 UTC 2013

Hello,

I use the following link :
http://www.noxrepo.org/2012/03/openflow-wireshark-dissector-on-windows/ for
the Windows OF Wireshark plugin. The link will take you to a page with an
older version of the plugin that filters OF 1.0 packets. I have tested it
and it works and we currently use it here for our Windows based controller.
You will also need to download an older version of Wireshark (1.6) to run
the plugin. If you plan on using Linux in the future, here is a guide that
will help you build a Linux version of the plugin - it compensates for the
errors caused by the plugin after Wireshark was updated:
http://networkstatic.net/installing-wireshark-on-linux-for-openflow-packet-captures/
I have attached the Ubuntu Linux 12.04 plugin for your convenience if you
choose to use Linux in the future.

Hope it helps,
-Dmita