[ovs-discuss] Fwd: Need help with Open vSwitch

Radu Gabriel Horga rghorga at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 17:26:33 UTC 2013

Hello Ben,

I have read very carefully this article
http://wangcong.org/blog/archives/2131 about OVS and all README documents
from the 1.9.3 version release, but I am still very confused.
I need to change the OVS source code (i have the 1.9.3 version) to make an
implementation of ARP-Path protocol. Here's a short video explaining how
this new protocol works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhwCYAu_E7E
 Basically it is has to create paths learning from the ARP messages, so I
need to know how to modify the tables and where messages are handled when
they arrive. I did not quite understand if this happens in the kernel
or in user
space, and can not find the part of the source code that needs to be
modified to achieve this (programming).
Can you help me with some ideas?
I thank you in advance.
Greetings.