[ovs-discuss] Openvswitch configuration persistence

Alexandru Coseru alex.coseru at simplus.ro
Fri Sep 20 11:45:47 UTC 2013

Hello,

Can you give some more details please ?

Best Regards,

From: Reid Price [mailto:rprice at nicira.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 11:51 PM
To: Faisal Ali
Cc: Alexandru Coseru; discuss at openvswitch.org
Subject: Re: [ovs-discuss] Openvswitch configuration persistence

Hi guys [+list],

You might find that you have unexpected behavior down the road with that
tactic.

I would perhaps suggest an approach where you set a value (using xapi) for
the

PIF's other-config, and then run your own script (perhaps on bootup) that
finds

PIF and does configuration based upon that field.

Otherwise you are likely to cause Xenserver to freak out at some point, or

have stale network configuration floating around.

  -Reid