[ovs-discuss] Fwd: OVS support for IGMP

abhishek jain ashujain9727 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 06:04:46 UTC 2013

Hi Ben

I am compiling OVS (version 1.11) by applying igmp-snooping patch and
getting following error.......

pmpare -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wformat-security
-Wswitch-enum -Wunused-parameter -Wstrict-aliasing -Wbad-function-cast
-Wcast-align -Wstrict-prototypes -Wold-style-definition
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-field-initializers -Wno-override-init  -g
-O2 -MT lib/bond.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o lib/bond.o lib/bond.c &&\
 mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
In file included from lib/packets.h:26:0,
                 from lib/bond.h:23,
                 from lib/bond.c:19:
lib/flow.h:116:1: error: negative width in bit-field ‘build_assert_failed’
make[2]: *** [lib/bond.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/aman/openvswitch-1.11.0'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/aman/openvswitch-1.11.0'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Please can you help regarding this issue.I am also attaching the patch used
for compiling.

Thanks in advance...