[ovs-discuss] custom action help

Andrei Andone andrei.andone at softvision.ro
Wed Sep 25 15:17:35 UTC 2013

Yeah, I could use multiple `set_field` actions, but then the flow would
be really long (and for now I only need to change around 7 fields and
the flow start being pretty hard to read).

Example:
ovs-ofctl add-flow my_bridge "in_port=1
actions=set_field:value->field1,set_field:value->field2,set_field:value->field3,
set_field:value->field4,set_field:value->field5,set_field:value->field6,set_field:value->field7,output:2"

To me it seems a bit hard to read and understand. Right now I have my
action and the flow changes to:
ovs-ofctl add-flow my_bridge "in_port=1
actions=my_action:value:value:...,output:2"

--
Andrei Andone

SOFTVISION | 57 Republicii Street, 400489 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Email: andrei.andone at softvision.ro <mailto:andrei.andone at softvision.ro>
| Web: www.softvision.ro <http://www.softvision.ro>

The content of this communication is classified as SOFTVISION
Confidential and Proprietary Information.