[ovs-discuss] Enable tagged VM(guest) to communicate with external network

Apoorve Mohan apoorvemohan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 11:32:31 UTC 2013

Hello All

I am a newbie to this are might be doing something wrong or missing
something.

I have configured OVS bridge(br0) on eth0 and tagged my VMs(kvm/qemu
guests) on br0. I did this as i needed two separate vlans. The VM's with
the same tag are able to access each other and those with different tags
are isolated from each other as expected. But the problem is after tagging
the VM's the link between the external network(via eth0) to my VM's have
broken. None of the VM's(irrespective of the VLAN's on which they are
present) are able to ping the outside world.

I'll really appreciate any help on this.

--
Thanks and Regards
Apoorve