[ovs-discuss] listen for up/down ports messages from vSwtich

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Fri Sep 27 15:33:59 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 07:27:34PM +0400, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> 2013/9/27 Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com>:
> > Yes.
>
> If i can't see messages from vSwitch in wireshark what does it mean?

It could mean that the port didn't really change status, or that you
misunderstand the definition of status in this context, or that OVS has
a bug.

> P.S. I'm use some unreleased 1.12 version from git builded sometimes ago...

I would not use 1.12.  We deleted that branch instead of releasing it
because it had a lot of problems.  Unreleased version 2.0, on the other
hand, should be stable, and we are working on a release of it.