[ovs-discuss] Can OVS GRE work with Cisco 4500?

Java javaon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 08:23:47 UTC 2013

I'm confused..

My understanding about GRE is a protocol for L2 over L3. So tunnels should
be setup on IP layer all. Or, do you mean GRE implementation in OVS is
different to the implementation in physical switches from
cisco/huawei/juniper? If true, how can I connect OVS with the physical
switches through GRE tunnels?