[ovs-discuss] issues on wildcard the matching fields

Chenfei Gao cgao03 at syr.edu
Thu Apr 24 20:09:18 UTC 2014

Hi, all

I am a newbee to open vswitch community. I am interested on hot trending SDN and OVS implementation. I have a question about wildcarding the match fields. ?

If we don't specify some match field (e.g. tcp_src_port), it will wildcard and matching all flows on this field. However, is it possible to match the field, tcp_src_port for instance,

for a range of numbers in one flowmod? I checked openflow specification and found that there was only mask for eth_addr and ip_addr and no mask for other fields like tcp_port.

Does it mean if i want to match tcp_port for a range of numbers, the only way is to mod several rules?

Thank you in advance for any answers.

Best regards

Chenfay