[ovs-discuss] communication from the VMs

hemanth chebrolu chebrolu.hemanth at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 14:04:13 UTC 2014

Hi,

http://xmodulo.com/2014/01/install-configure-kvm-open-vswitch-ubuntu-debian.html

I was able to bring up two guest VMs on tap0 and tap1. The "ovs-vsctl
show" output is similar to what is given in the above link. What will
be the IP address of the VMs?
In the VM, when I tried to ping the host, I get the error "connect:
network is unreachable"If I give "ifconfig", only the 'lo' interface
is shown. If I give "ifconfig -a", then interfaces 'eth1' and 'lo' are
shown.
When I try to assign an IP address to eth1, I get the error "RTNETLINK
answers: Cannot assign requested address. Failed to bring up eth1".
When I give "ifconfig eth1 up", I get the error "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot
assign request address".
Please help on how to communicate from the VMs.

Regards,
Hemanth