[ovs-discuss] database not persisting through reboot.

Neil Schneider pacneil at linuxgeek.net
Fri Apr 4 00:11:56 UTC 2014

I've been working with openvswitch with ovs-vsctl setting up bridges and
ports and everything works fine. I used the --no-wait option and I made
sure that all my configuration got written into the database, using
ovsdb-client dump and I see all the configurations in the database.
Everything I've read says it should persist through a reboot. It doesn't.

I must be missing some option, or there's a script that is stripping the
database on reboot.

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)

ovs-vsctl -V
ovs-vsctl (Open vSwitch) 2.1.0
Compiled Mar 25 2014 11:02:38

I built rpms and installed them. I prefer this method because it's easier
to maintain.

I've been trying to find the answer using Google, but my google foo is not
very good right now.

If there's more information I need to give, please let me know. I'm trying
to work through this with the documentation. I read the entire FAQ and
found nothing addressing this problem there.

Thanks for any help you can render.

--
Neil Schneider                          pacneil_at_linuxgeek_dot_net

This is your life. Do what you love, and do it often. If you don’t like
something, change it. If you don’t like your job, quit. If you don’t have
enough time, stop watching TV. If you are looking for the love of your
life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you
love.”