[ovs-discuss] [ovs-announce] official OVS repository now on github

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Apr 9 16:50:18 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 08:49:31AM +0300, Lori Jakab wrote:
> On 4/9/14, 2:39 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> >The official Open vSwitch repository, previously at
> >git.openvswitch.org, has moved.  To view the repository in your web
> >browser, you may visit it at:
> >         https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs.git
> >
> >To clone the new repository, use one of the following:
> >         git clone https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs.git
> >         git clone git at github.com:openvswitch/ovs.git
> >
> >To update an existing repository to use the new location, use one of
> >the following:
> >         git remote set-url origin https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs.git
> >         git remote set-url origin git at github.com:openvswitch/ovs.git
>
> Does this mean that GitHub pull requests will be an accepted way to
> send patches?  Or other then the source code location, everything
> stays the same (at least for now)?

It isn't clear yet how pull requests fit in with the Open vSwitch
workflow.  If people start sending them, then we'll start reviewing
them, as an experiment.  If they work well, we'll encourage people who
like them to use them.  Otherwise, we'll ask people to just use the
mailing lists.

I see that we have one pull request already:
        https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/pull/1
I asked Guru to take a look at it.