[ovs-discuss] OpenFlow 1.3 groups' questions

Ricardo Santos rrsantos at student.dei.uc.pt
Mon Apr 14 09:59:40 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the usage of groups with OpenFlow 1.3 in
Open vSwitch 2.1.0, more precisely with Fast Failover:

   - How does Open vSwitch monitor if a bucket (assigned to an output port,
   for example) is alive or not?
   - How can one test the fast failover mechanism, e.g the transition
   between the chosen bucket? Is an ifconfig ethX down command enough for
   trigger it?
   - I keep getting all my statistics zeroed when using
   the dump-group-stats command (although the created groups are listed). Is
   there anyone else facing the same situation?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ricardo Santos