[ovs-discuss] Problem in configuring 'Interface' table 'admin_state' field remotely.

Pritam Kharat pritamkharat10221 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 09:31:27 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I wanted to make 'admin_state' field in Interface table  'up'/'down' using
ovs-vsctl but
when I tried the command

ovs-vsctl --db tcp:127.0.0.1:6622 set Interface tap1 admin_state='down'

the admin_state field was not updated to 'down' and also the interface was
being listed when I did 'ifconfig'.
If we do 'ifconfig tap1 down' then the admin_state filed is updated to
'down', but I want to achieve this from remote machine using ovs-vsctl( or
any other ovsdb tool) and the corresponding interface should also go down.

Please tell me, is this possible and if yes,how to do this..??

--
Thanks and Regards,
Pritam Kharat