[ovs-discuss] VLAN tagged and untagged with VM and real switch

Alex ovs at asyring.homeip.net
Sat Apr 19 19:20:42 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I don't know if that what I want to do is possible with OpenVSwitch.

The real switch is connected to Host here the link transports VLAN1 untagged and VLAN2 and 3 tagged.
Without OVS I can use eth0 and eth0.2 to comunicate to the devices on both nets.
eth0 has 192.168.0.1 and eth0.2 has 10.0.0.1 and eth0.3 172.16.0.1

VLAN3 is the management VLAN.

On Host there four KVM-VMs three of them should only see VLAN1 but one of them should see VLAN1 untagged and VLAN2 tagged.

I've configured an OVS-bridge switch0 and added eth0, vnet0, vnet1, vnet2, vnet3.

My question is how to set up the vlans that they can talk to the real switch?
And how to set up an IP for Host?

Best
Alex