[ovs-discuss] High OpenFlow upcall RTTs introduced between 2.0 and 2.1?

Christian Stigen Larsen cslarsen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 14:49:49 UTC 2014

Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com>:
>> RTTs were up from an average of 87 ms to 541 ms.
>
> An RTT of 87 ms is very high to begin with.  What does mininet do that
> could cause such a high RTT?

Fair point.  Honestly, I don't know, but perhaps I can ask on mininet-discuss.

I thought it was simply due to the Python controller.  Remember it gets all
packets and has to send down a forward-command for each.

But yeah, 47 ms extra per packet is quite the overhead (the
link-latency configuration is 40 ms).

--
Christian Stigen Larsen