[ovs-discuss] Help on QoS Enhancement of OVS

Wes Felter wmf at felter.org
Mon Aug 11 19:42:54 UTC 2014

On 8/9/14, 2:35 AM, Monica Gawas wrote:

>            We have understood how QoS works in OVS, but we can't come up
> with a nice project idea to improve it.

Is there documentation about how to perform per-tenant QoS on a physical
port in an overlay network like Neutron ML2? Since the tenants are on
the integration bridge and the physical port is on a different (or no)
bridge, it's not obvious how to do this. An example QoS policy would be
weighted fair queuing where the weight is equal to the amount of CPU/RAM
purchased by the tenant.

--
Wes Felter
IBM Research - Austin