[ovs-discuss] resubmit action within a group bucket

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed Aug 20 19:25:00 UTC 2014

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 11:37:30AM -0700, Srini Seetharaman wrote:
> Hi, I seem to have some trouble using resubmit action within a group
> action. Am I doing something wrong, or is this not supported?

It isn't currently supported.  The actions in groups are OpenFlow
"action sets", which means that they are executed in a specific order
defined by the OpenFlow spec regardless of the order in which the
actions are actually specified.  We haven't yet defined where
"resubmit" should fall in that ordering, so currently resubmit doesn't
get executed at all.

I suspect that "resubmit" should happen at the end, either before or
after "group" or "output" actions.