[ovs-discuss] resubmit action within a group bucket

Srini Seetharaman srini.seetharaman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 19:49:30 UTC 2014

Thanks Ben.

> It isn't currently supported.  The actions in groups are OpenFlow
> "action sets", which means that they are executed in a specific order
> defined by the OpenFlow spec regardless of the order in which the
> actions are actually specified.  We haven't yet defined where
> "resubmit" should fall in that ordering, so currently resubmit doesn't
> get executed at all.

What if I remove the resubmit from the group action, and include that
in the main flow action like follows?
$ sudo ovs-ofctl --protocols=OpenFlow13 add-group s1
group_id=1,type=all,bucket=mod_dl_dst:00:00:00:00:00:02,mod_nw_dst:10.0.0.2
$ sudo ovs-ofctl --protocols=OpenFlow13 add-flow s1
priority=32769,ip,nw_dst=10.0.0.5,actions=group:1,resubmit\(,1\)

Is this supposed to work? It didn't work for me.