[ovs-discuss] can't run OVS after reboot

tim huang pdshly at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:59:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I built and installed the OVS from the source code, not the mininet or
package manager, but I find I can only run OVS after I build and install
it. If I reboot the my linux, it doesn't work any longer.

Here is the output when I start the OVS:

openvswitch-1.9.3  sudo /sbin/modprobe openvswitch
[sudo] password for tim:
➜  openvswitch-1.9.3  sudo ovsdb-server
--remote=punix:/usr/local/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock \

 --remote=db:Open_vSwitch,Open_vSwitch,manager_options \
>                      --private-key=db:Open_vSwitch,SSL,private_key \
>                      --certificate=db:Open_vSwitch,SSL,certificate \
>                      --bootstrap-ca-cert=db:Open_vSwitch,SSL,ca_cert \
>                      --pidfile —detach
ovsdb-server: I/O error: open: —detach failed (No such file or directory)

Here is my linux information:
➜  ~  uname -r
3.2.0-4-amd64
➜  ~  lsb_release -a