[ovs-discuss] Offload tunnel checksum to NIC

vijay mohan vijay1054 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 08:20:04 UTC 2014

Hi,
I am using OVS-2.3 with cavium NIC for VxLAN and NVGRE tunnels creation. I
am trying to get tunnel checksum (inner TCP/UDP checksum) offloaded to NIC
by setting net_device.hw_enc_features. I could get the tunnel checksum
offloaded if i create tunnels with "ip link add vxlanX type vxlan ..." but
the tunnels created with OVS still have the checksum calculated by host
CPU. Please let me know, is this the way to enable checksum offload
features for the tunnels created with OVS.

Thanks,
Vijay