[ovs-discuss] eth0 and br-eth0 are down and dhclient failed at startup

aburluka aburluka at parallels.com
Thu Aug 28 11:21:15 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I've encountered the following problem:
Configuration: fresh installed CentOS 6.5 (kernel 2.6.32-431), latest
2.3.0 LTS Open vSwitch.
Problem: after boot eth0 and br-eth0 are down. Thus, dhclient failed at
start.
To obtain IP I've execute next commands:

ip link set eth0 up
ip link set br-eth0 up
dhclient br-eth0

After that IP is obtained successfully. I didn't find out why interfaces
are unable to start
It seems to be an 2.3.0 version bug.

I attached difference between clear CentOS and my
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directories.

If you have any questions, or require any additional information, please
feel free to ask.
I would be grateful for//any help and look forward to your reply.

--
Regards,
Alexander Burluka