[ovs-discuss] group chaining is not supported in OVS Switch 2.3.0 ?
blp at nicira.com
Fri Aug 29 20:48:41 UTC 2014
On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 04:31:42PM -0700, Sangho Shin wrote:
> I wonder if group chaining is not supported in OVS Switch 2.3.0.
> if I add a group to group, then I am getting CHAINING NOT SUPPORTED error.
Chaining is not supported, see xlate_group_resource_check() for an
/* Prevent nested translation of OpenFlow groups.
* OpenFlow allows this restriction. We enforce this restriction only
* because, with the current architecture, we would otherwise have to
* take a possibly recursive read lock on the ofgroup rwlock, which is
* unsafe given that POSIX allows taking a read lock to block if there
* is a thread blocked on taking the write lock. Other solutions
* without this restriction are also possible, but seem unwarranted
* given the current limited use of groups. */
More information about the discuss