[ovs-discuss] Bridge disappears after modifying datapath.c

Rucha Abhyankar rucha.abhyankar at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 08:19:00 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone,

I am using Ubuntu version 13.10.
Kernel version:
rucha at rucha:~$ uname -a
Linux rucha 3.11.0-26-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 15 04:04:15 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

I have installed Openvswitch version 2.1.0. After modifying the file "datapath.c" and recompiling the kernel module, the bridge is not visible in the output of "ifconfig" command.

After "ifup" command, the bridge is visible in the result of "ifconfig" command, but still connectivity through bridge is not achieved. I have to restart the system every time I change and compile the kernel module.

how can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.