[ovs-discuss] OVS Bonding only using 1 link

Nussbaum, Jacob jdnussb at ilstu.edu
Wed Dec 3 03:59:03 UTC 2014

Hello all,
I have another bonding issue with OVS I was hoping someone could help with.

I have two virtual machines.  Each with 5 network interfaces (eth0 -eth4).  Eth1-4 are bonded between the two VM's.  The mininet VM has multiple "hosts" that I have the traffic mirrored over the bonded port (bond0) to the other VM.

Now everything seems to work ok, but I have it configured for balance-slb mode and it only seems to use one link at a time.  I've passed hundreds of Gb's across this network and it will only use one Network Interface at a time.

Did I mess up the configuration on this?

Jacob