[ovs-discuss] Management interface not accessible after reboot

Gurucharan Shetty shettyg at nicira.com
Tue Dec 9 17:45:00 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 1:58 AM, Emil Flink <emil.flink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing some testing with Open vSwitch 2.3.0 on Debian 7 (stable) compiled
> from source and have encountered a fairly weird error. I don't know if it is
> a problem with Debian or Open vSwitch.
>
> The mgmt0 interface comes up fully configured after reboot but is not
> accessible until I have "used" the network from the server, ie. by pinging
> another host.
When you say it is not accessible, I suppose you mean that you cannot
ping it from outside? If so, I would put tcpdump on your physical
interfaces to see whether any request is even coming to your ethernet
interfaces. I would suggest removing the bond and attach to a single
physical interface to simplify your network configuration and see
whether the problem still exists.