[ovs-discuss] API to request a flow_id

Ashok Chippa a.n.chippa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 20:11:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

Just in case you missed, I'm resending my question:

I am looking for an API to get a flow_id from OVS datapath, given bunch of
match fields...
In CLI this would look something like: "ovs-ofctl get-flowid flow"...
Needed for simplifying
the user app (FW in my case) that can just store the policy-rule using the
flow-id as an
index... Will also simplify the rule lookup when a packet is punted to the
app by the OVS
datapath...

If there is no such thing available, is it ok for me to write one? If so,
could someone point
out to me place(s) in the code I should be focusing on... I have not looked
at the OVS
datapath code at all... So this will be the first for me...

Appreciate anyone's help. Looking forward to a reply...

Thanks,
Ashok