[ovs-discuss] VXLAN tunnels and routing

Tal Yaniv Tal.Yaniv at Contextream.com
Sun Dec 21 10:39:13 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'd like Linux network stack to handle my routing, if I define an OVS bridge, with several interfaces (eth0-eth2) , which are on different networks.
Plus, several VXLAN ports on the same bridge.
And I define a flow with a VXLAN encapsulation action and output to LOCAL (meaning to the Linux network stack).

Will the Linux network stack know how to route the packets to the different networks (based on the tunnel endpoint IP)?
Will it keep the VXLAN tunnel?
When I set a VXLAN port and action on OVS , which module builds the tunnel header?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Tal