[ovs-discuss] Question about connecting ovs to local floodlight controller

Peizhen Guo patrick.guopz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 16:14:10 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have a problem with connecting Open Vswitch to Floodlight Openflow Controller. I run the ovs on a linux/ubuntu server, add a bridge br0, bind a few interfaces to it, and also run a floodlight controller on the same server. When I try to connect ovs to controller by the following command: sudo ovs-vsctl set-controller br0 tcp:127.0.0.1:6633, the controller first print ‘connected’ message and then print ‘disconnected: I/O error’ message in a few seconds.

Anyone who can help me with this problem? What is the possible reason?

Thanks,
Patrick