[ovs-discuss] ovs-vsctl set-manager and OpenDaylight

Dave Johnston Dave.Johnston at owmobility.com
Tue Dec 30 14:12:10 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm looking for some info on what ovs-vsctl set-manager does, and how I can solve my problem.

I'm trying to deploy the OpenDaylight controller to manage my ovs on an Openstack installation.

The instructions get me to run ovs-vsctl set-manager, on all nodes where the switches should be managed.

Currently in the deployment all nodes have had manual ovs ports and bridges setup.  When I execute set-manager I loose connectivity to the nodes.

By calling set-manager, does that disable all current local configuration on a vswitch ?

What does set-manager actually do, does this allow me to configure ports and bridges on all vswitches from the management node?

Dave Johnston | Software Engineer | +44 (0)28 904186285 | skype:dave.johnston.owmobility | Openwave Mobility