[ovs-discuss] Libvirtd throwing some error in kvm in openvswitch-2.0.0

Joe Stringer joestringer at nicira.com
Sat Mar 1 00:01:22 UTC 2014

On 26 February 2014 22:18, Ramana Reddy <gtvrreddy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. I used virt-manager in ubuntu 12.04 to create VMs with
> openvswitch-1.7.1 in bridge mode.
> xml files were created for each VM, and I modified those xml files to add
> multiple interfaces.
> I am not sure what is the problem with current virt-manager.
> Anyhow, will figure it what is happening.

If you're using it with openvswitch-1.7.1 with brcompat, then that's not
creating the XML for the native openvswitch backend; it's creating it for
the standard bridge backend, which openvswitch is providing compatibility
for.

Newer openvswitch doesn't support this bridge compatibility, so you need to
specify XML to use the openvswitch backend, which is only present in more
recent versions of libvirt. This may or may not be configurable through the
current virt-manager UI.