[ovs-discuss] Wireshark Dissector for Nicira Extensions

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Sun Feb 2 01:18:04 UTC 2014

OK, one sample attached.  I generated it with:

    make sandbox
    ovs-vsctl add-br br0
    ovs-vsctl set-controller br0 ptcp:
    ovs-ofctl show tcp:127.0.0.1

with tcpdump running against lo.  Here's the ofp-parse-pcap output:

    127.0.0.1.48140 > 127.0.0.1.6633:
    OFPT_HELLO (xid=0x1):
     version bitmap: 0x01

    127.0.0.1.6633 > 127.0.0.1.48140:
    OFPT_HELLO (xid=0x3):
     version bitmap: 0x01

    127.0.0.1.48140 > 127.0.0.1.6633:
    OFPT_FEATURES_REQUEST (xid=0x2):

    127.0.0.1.6633 > 127.0.0.1.48140:
    OFPT_FEATURES_REPLY (xid=0x2): dpid:0000369731881a43
    n_tables:254, n_buffers:256
    capabilities: FLOW_STATS TABLE_STATS PORT_STATS QUEUE_STATS ARP_MATCH_IP
    actions: OUTPUT SET_VLAN_VID SET_VLAN_PCP STRIP_VLAN SET_DL_SRC SET_DL_DST SET_NW_SRC SET_NW_DST SET_NW_TOS SET_TP_SRC SET_TP_DST ENQUEUE
     LOCAL(br0): addr:36:97:31:88:1a:43
         config:     0
         state:      0
         speed: 0 Mbps now, 0 Mbps max

    127.0.0.1.48141 > 127.0.0.1.6633:
    OFPT_HELLO (xid=0x3):
     version bitmap: 0x01

    127.0.0.1.6633 > 127.0.0.1.48141:
    OFPT_HELLO (xid=0x4):
     version bitmap: 0x01

    127.0.0.1.48141 > 127.0.0.1.6633:
    OFPT_GET_CONFIG_REQUEST (xid=0x4):

    127.0.0.1.6633 > 127.0.0.1.48141:
    OFPT_GET_CONFIG_REPLY (xid=0x4): frags=normal miss_send_len=0