[ovs-discuss] Traffic not passing to eth1

Maxwell Bottiger sleepylight at jive-turkey.net
Thu Feb 6 18:25:39 UTC 2014

I have a fairly simple vswitch configuration, which uses 4 taps on my host
to connect virtual machines to different vlans through eth1.  This was
working just fine a couple months ago, but I haven't touched the setup
since, and now traffic isn't going through.  I'm sure this is something
simple.

Here's what my switch looks like:
d70e42a8-1b7e-433d-a2c2-921e3c720e8e
    Bridge "bridge0"
        Port "tap3"
            tag: 3
            Interface "tap3"
        Port "eth1"
            tag: 666
            trunks: [3, 5, 6, 14]
            Interface "eth1"
        Port "tap5"
            tag: 5
            Interface "tap5"
        Port "tap6"
            tag: 6
            Interface "tap6"
        Port "bridge0"
            Interface "bridge0"
                type: internal
        Port "tap14"
            tag: 14
            Interface "tap14"
    ovs_version: "1.9.0"

I have the bridge and all of the taps up.  What would be the next step to
figure out why packets aren't going through?

My tap5 interface looks like this:
tap5      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 5e:bd:50:94:e7:c1
          inet6 addr: fe80::5cbd:50ff:fe94:e7c1/64 Scope:Link
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:500
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

I see all the packets are being dropped, so I'm assuming they aren't making
their way to eth1.

Any ideas?  Thanks for the help.

-Max