[ovs-discuss] ONF Extension for OF1.3.X

Nipun Gupta nipungupta.iitd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 18:14:00 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I am CS Dual Degree (B.Tech+M.Tech) student in IIT Delhi, currently in my
3rd year. I am looking forward to work on a 6-7 week project, along with a
batchmate of mine in a team of two, to extend OVS with OF1.3+ specs.
So we looked at some extensions required for OF1.4 and got interested in
Flow Monitoring, Role Status Events, and Group and Meter Change
Notifications.

We would like to ask if anyone is already working on any of these features?
Also, any useful information that would help us through this implementation
would be highly appreciated.

The expected amount of work from our side would be almost 10 hours per
week. Do consider that we are presently unfamiliar with OVS's code, but we
do understand OF and OVS and also have some experience with Mininet. So,
suggestions are welcome on what extensions we should pursue in the given
amount of time.

Thank You

Nipun Gupta
Computer Science and Engineering