[ovs-discuss] Enable LACP on bonded port with config file

Gurucharan Shetty shettyg at nicira.com
Tue Feb 25 22:59:58 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:34 AM, Pawel Szczepaniak
<pawel.szczepaniak at innogames.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently testing OVS to replace default Debian bridge approach, when
> using Xen. Because of many physical machines, we use puppet to configure
> them, with which OVS works well (only had to build own package basing on
> 1.9.3, as official backports are using really old version).
>
> Is there any way to enable LACP on server via config file, which will be
> parsed on startup of OVS (what for us mean on boot of machine)?
There is integration with 'interfaces' file. Have a look at
debian/openvswitch-switch.README.Debian in the repo and test to see
whether it fits into your requirements.

I think 1.9.3 had support, but Open vSwitch startup script would not
call the following command (I think that happened in 1.10)
ifup --allow=ovs $list_of_bridges

(So, you may want to add a patch to the OVS startup script to do that.
Look at commit 1d63efc45b9ae5b723f9a8f0d81c7f002b48c39d for hints).