[ovs-discuss] Newbie qos question about how to prioritize different kind of traffic from host

Wes Felter wmf at felter.org
Thu Jan 2 23:48:42 UTC 2014

On 12/19/13 12:21 PM, Igor Laskovy wrote:

>     I have bond and Mgmt and Replication interfaces on it. How I can say
>     openvswitch to prioritize traffic for Replication over Mgmt? Are
>     there any howto, guides that covers this?

I have also been looking into this topic. I think you can use iptables
to mark packets (e.g. mark replication with 1 and mgmt with 2) and then
use tc on the bond interface to classify and shape based on the marks.

(If you just want priority then you can probably just set the IP TOS
using iptables and pfifo_fast will take care of it, but that's less
flexible.)

Does anyone know if there's a better way to do this?

--
Wes Felter
IBM Research - Austin