[ovs-discuss] export config file

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Jan 3 20:43:34 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Steven Lee <rossa023969 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a beginner with openvswitch. I have no idea how to do that.
> could you teach me how to?

To redirect the output, you just use the ">" character followed by a
filename.  For example:

    ovs-vsctl show > vsctl-show.out

However, you can't feed the output of that into anything that will
reconstruct your configuration; it's purely informational.

> also do u know is it possible to get a configure file about how my bridges
> and vm are connected?

You could do something as simple as a small shell script that has the
commands.  However, you probably should be using some sort of management
system like libvirt.  It's really going to depend on your hypervisor
platform.

--Justin