[ovs-discuss] packet from userspace

thasleem palara thasleemp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 07:25:48 UTC 2014

Thanks Justin.

I have gone through the OVS code and I see the fucntion "nl_sock_create" is
called from these fucntions

1.do_lookup_genl_family : (protocol for socket creation : NETLINK_GENERIC)

2. nl_pool_alloc : ( protocol : NETLINK_ROUTE)

3. netdev_linux_notify_sock : ( protocol : NETLINK_ROUTE) for notifying the
changes in ports

So I assume that "nl_pool_alloc"  is the fucntion asks for packets from
kernal module.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.