[ovs-discuss] Out of memory error for ovs-vswitchd

Neelakantam Gaddam neelugaddam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 15:39:26 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am new to openvswitch stuff. I ported the openvswitch code to MIPS64
based embedded platform. Everything looks fine (creating bridges, ports ..,
etc).

When I create the ports beyond 1000 using shell script in a bridge, I
observed out of memory error and the ovs-vswitchd process got killed
immediately. I observed that ovs-vswitchd is taking more memory as the
number of ports increase.

I am using the openvswitch-1.10.0 version. I observed the same issue
for openvswitch-1.10.2 also.

One interesting thing is that I did not see this issue when I run
openvswitch on x86 platform.

Please help me in understanding and fixing the issue or give me some
pointers where I can look for memory leaks in ovs-vswitchd code. If this
issue is already fixed, please provide me the fix.

--
Thanks & Regards
Neelakantam Gaddam