[ovs-discuss] low bandwidth for gre

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Fri Jan 10 20:58:46 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 8:35 AM, Andrey Korolyov <andrey at xdel.ru> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If you prefer to not play with MTU settings every time, I`d recommend to
> recompile this kernel setting all GRE options as a module and build
> openvswitch module from vendor package, it will work perfectly with 1.9+
> at least.

This shouldn't make a difference any more. The behavior that you're
presumably seeing here is a hacked version of path MTU discovery that
was previously included but has since been removed. The behavior of
the GRE module should now be the same regardless of whether it was
packaged with OVS or the upstream kernel.