[ovs-discuss] debug xe host-call-plugin

Arvind Nagarajan arnagara at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 06:58:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would like to debug the following python plugin:
xe host-call-plugin host-uuid="$INSTALLATION_UUID" plugin="plug-in-name"
fn="function"

The python plugin invokes a bunch of OVS commands which can throw
success/error messages on the console. We would like to have view those
messages in the console (instead of logging the messages into syslog/file)
to debug this startup/boot issue.

The python plugin invoked as part of 'xe host-call-plugin' does not seem to
have access to the stdout/stderr.
Using sys.stderr/sys.stdout in the python plugin does not display any
message on the console.

How may I enable the stdout/stderr of the python plugin.
Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,
--Arvind