[ovs-discuss] Striping VLAN tag, OF1.3

Nataliia Trifonova trifonova.natalia at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 12:58:53 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am using: Ryu 3.5, Open vSwitch 2.52 (Simon's development version), OF1.3

I am trying to strip VLAN tag from the packet. It is written in the specification 1.3.3. that:

If an action in a flow mod message performs an operation which is inconsistent with the match, for example, a pop VLAN action with a match specifying no VLAN, or a set TTL action with a match wildcarding the Ethertype, the switch may optionally reject the flow mod and immediately return an ofp_error_msg with OFPET_BAD_ACTION type and OFPBAC_MATCH_INCONSISTENT code.

Am I right suggesting that the only way to specify VLAN in the match is to wildcard all bits in vlan_vid field excluding OFPVID_PRESENT bit? And in order to do so I should set oxm_hasmask to 1 in OXM TLV's header and then specify bitmask itself? Is it supported by the OVS?

Thank you,
Nataliia