[ovs-discuss] save default configuration?

Schlacta, Christ aarcane at aarcane.org
Tue Jan 21 06:56:58 UTC 2014

I have some unruly virtual machines that don't like to shut down when
requested.  This results in vnetn being left connected to openvswitch at
the end of the day.  This wouldn't be so bad, except that when the host
comes up, the virtualmachines unlucky enough to need devices numbered equal
to or greater than n don't start.  Is there some way to tell openvswitch
what the configuration should look like at boot, and have it actively
remove or not add the unwanted devices?  I'm thinking it should be as easy
as ovs-vsctl save-as-initial-config or something like that..  This is one
of the few remaining sticking points preventing my entire cluster of
systems from working perfectly right now.

thank you in advance for an answer to this curious conundrum.