[ovs-discuss] How to identify what is recent configurtion from notification received from ovsdb-server

Prasanthi K prasanthi.k at freescale.com
Thu Jan 23 08:21:07 UTC 2014

Hai all,

Query: How to identify what is recent configuration  change from notification/event  received from ovsdb-server?

Our Observation:

We are trying to understand the vswitchd implementation in openvswitch code. We observed  that,

1.If there is any configuration change in Ovsdb ,vswitchd is receiving those notifications and updating its idl using ovsdb_idl_run API.
   2.Vswithd is then converting this idl into cfg (of type struct ovsrec_open_vswitch) structure using ovsrec_open_vswitch_first API.
  3.But from our observation struct ovsrec_open_vswitch is having the entire snapshot of existing configuration in the OVSDB. Strangely vswitchd is comparing the entire snapshot with its local database to apply recent configuration change.

   Is there any way to get exact recent configuration change happened from the event received?

   Can anyone help me us on how to get that info from received notification and let me know if my understanding is going wrong.

   Thanks& Regards
     Prashanti.k