[ovs-discuss] Debian init script

Pavel V.Kaygorodov pasha at inasan.ru
Wed Jul 9 18:37:03 UTC 2014

Hi!

>> I think, this tricks with "pre-up /etc/init.d/openvswitch-switch start" and "auto" order must be documented.
> Did you read my first email and try removing things from auto?

I have checked this, but there are potential problem exist: if I remove ovs-controlled interfaces from auto, they will be configured only after openvswitch-switch start and some daemons (which starts before openvswitch-switch, i.e. almost all daemons on my machine) will see no interfaces and IP addresses and may fail to start.

Pavel.