[ovs-discuss] Debian init script

Pavel V. Kaygorodov pasha at inasan.ru
Wed Jul 9 18:43:55 UTC 2014

Hi!

>> I have installed openvswitch-2.3.90 on Debian wheezy, and changed
>> /etc/network/interfaces.
>
> I am having a hard time as well integrating my openvswitch
> configuration into the interface file.
>
> However I am still using version 1.4.2[1] on Debian wheezy, where did
> you get a official release for Debian Wheezy that is newer?

I have made packages from sources, using standard instructions in INSTALL.Debian file

> I am using the kernel in backports:
> Linux kimberly 3.14-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.14.7-1~bpo70+1
> (2014-06-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux
> Sadly I am also getting these Errors but don?t know why yet
> Jul  9 17:11:35 kimberly ovs-vswitchd: 00032|daemon|ERR|31 crashes:
> pid 21129 died, killed (Aborted), restarting

Only latest openvswitch works with kernels >3.11
In my case, openvswitch-datapath-dkms refused to make kernel modules for 3.13, ovs was started without  datapath-dkms modules, but don't work with gre which I need in openstack.

> These are my openvswitch commands to setup my system, I have not found
> a working way to integrate them with the interfaces.
>
> ovs-vsctl del-port bond0
> ovs-vsctl del-br br0
> ifconfig eth2 up
> ifconfig eth3 up
> ovs-vsctl add-br br0
> ovs-vsctl add-bond br0 bond0 eth2 eth3 bond_fake_iface=false
> bond_mode=balance-tcp lacp=active other_config:lacp-time=fast
> bond_updelay=400 bond_downdelay=400
> ovs-vsctl set port br0 tag=2
> ifconfig br0 up
> dhclient br0

May be bonding also don't works on unsupported kernel.

Pavel.