[ovs-discuss] open vSwitch userspace build/install using ltib

Flavio Leitner fbl at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 18:19:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:12:01AM -0400, Stacy Meszaros wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> I am just beginning a project that requires OpenFlow protocol support.  I am
> completely new to SDN and the ONF.  I am required to accomplish this using
> the Freescale PowerQUICC 8308 processor for which I have a working ltib
> build environment (from a previous project with same processor)  The Kernel
> is version 2.6.29.  I have read lots of documentation that suggests I
> 'should' be able to build a userspace open vSwitch but quite honestly, I
> don't understand the install instructions since they are written for
> 'configure' and  'make' which is at a lower level than the ltib tool.
>
> Has anyone tried anything similar and could share some advice to help me get
> started.

I have absolutely zero experience with ltib, but from a quick glance
at the documentation it builds other packages like autoconf or gcc
which also uses the same 'configure', 'make' steps used by openvswitch.

So, I would recommend to look at the ltib repo history to see how
a recent package was integrated to ltib and do the same for openvswitch.

fbl