[ovs-discuss] crash of using open vswitch

黄雨迪 robber_yes at 126.com
Sat Jul 12 13:16:12 UTC 2014

i'm sorry to report the bug i have met.
my partner and i are using ovs in vmware' ubuntu12.04 ,when we do everything list on your web page, we successfully run the software.but when i decide to do some test and use API like ovs-vsctl to create a virtual bridge and some virtual ports.i use 'ovs-vsctl show' and 'ovs-vsctl list-ports bridge-name'(bridge-name is the virtual bridge i have created by 'ovs-vsctl add-br') and everything goes well. when i decide to use 'ovs-ofctl' API to check status of our bridge and ports, 'ovs-ofctl show bridge-name' says bridge-name is not a bridge or a socket. i try to reboot the virtual machine(ubuntu12.04)and then my virtual machine crashed. my mouse cannot move in virtual machine . we think it might do with vmware ,but the other virtual machine is running well,so we conclude that ovs might be the reason.both our two computers have the same problem, we think it's not a random case, can you help us ,thanks